MENU

Donnerstag, April 07, 2011

tutorial: how to ... artsy background

Hi there :-) Recently I had some requests from some of you out there in blogland, asking me how I created the artsy backgrounds like here, here or here. So... I thought I´d share a short tutorial with you ... here you can see my sample: a sweet springlike bookmark  :-)
It´s super easy to make and you have so many options of creating millions of different backgrounds. 
1. You will need some patterned paper (I chose some October Afternoon paper), Punchinella (or this foil thingy that lies on top), acrylic paint, brush, stamps, ink (best would be stazon so it staaaz on the acrylic paint ;-) ), some cardstock, blow-drier (for the impatient ones like me ...) and some kind of card, like an old check card (card-board should be ok as well).
2. I tend to get really messy when I am using acrylic paint so I started putting some paper beneath my workpiece plus you can put paint directly next to your workpiece and then just trash the protection paper :-)
3. add some (let me emphasize this ... SOME! not like I did ... ) paint on your patterned paper and spread it over the paper using the check card. 
4. blow-dry and if you´d like to have more structure this would be the right moment to add more layers!
5. PUNCHINELLA TIME!!! Gee, how I love this stuff! Of course you can use any other material that will create a pattern. By the way: if you add colour to your workpiece like seen above, turn Punchinella around and push it on the paper, this will add the negative pattern on it!
6. Get your stamps out and put the final touch on it ;-) Cut cardstock and paper to the size you need and you are nearly finished! As you can see I couldnt resist adding some doodling *chrchrchr*

et voilà!

PS: check out Christy´s mixed media class where you´ll learn stuff like this!

Kommentare :

  1. Great tutorial Janna - thanks so much. Shall be having a little go at this myself. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Fantastic tutorial Janna!! Thanks so much for sharing - I will have to try it out!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Very cool Janna.. I will have to try this.. :) HUGS

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a great tutorial. It looks wonderful. TFS..

    Hugs, Linda

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. great tut, Janna. love the color combination.

    hugs

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Fantastic tutorial!!!and wonderful butterfly. Hugs

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Das ist so perfekt! Danke lieb Janna.
    Werd's bei Gelegenheit probieren.

    Liebe Grüße
    Ines

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hello Janna: Congratulations for you beutifoul blog.
    Te sigo desde España.
    Saludos

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. What a GREAT tutorial!! LOVE your backgounds and this tag is FABULOUS!!! (=

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wonderful tutorial! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Hi Janna! I thought I would come and check out your blog... and what do I find but an awesome tutorial! This looks like a lot of messy fun. Your finished bookmark is gorgeous!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Toll, toll, toll...
    Danke für deinen kleinen WS!!

    GLG Doris

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Janna, thanks so much for this amazing tutorial! I LOVE the finished bookmark!! Now, where do I find that Punchinella thing?

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. @Emily: Hi there :-) I bought it here: http://www.scarletlime.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=TKit1 but you might get it in a DIY market?!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Hi Janna
    Great tutorial! Visiting via Juliette's e-course. Love finding new places for inspiration!
    Beth
    http://www.dowhatyouloveforlife.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. You are amazing! I tried to acrylic paint to create unique background, and I failed. Yours look sooo gorgeous! I'm gonna give it a try again. Thank you for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. What a brilliant tutorial Janna! I've been wondering how you did your arty backgrounds.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Hi Janna
    How cool you makes it look so easy to make thanks :)Hugs Katrine

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. hehe :-) it IS that easy! Think I should be sharing some more fun stuff ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Hi, Janna! Thank you for the great tutorial! I love this project and will be trying it!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. This is genius, Janna! Thanks so much for sharing the step-by-step! Completely inspired by your sunny creation!

    AntwortenLöschen

Vielen Dank für Deine Nachricht!
Bitte beachte, dass Werbung und Beiträge, die gegen gängige Umgangsformen verstoßen, von mir gelöscht werden.