MENU

Montag, August 14, 2017

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
Das Schöne am 'Blog-Sommer' sind die vielen wunderbaren Gastbeiträge, die sich zu Urlaubszeiten auf zahlreichen Seiten finden. Ich empfinde diese als sehr bereichernd, man erfährt viel über (vielleicht unbekannte) Techniken, sammelt Inspirationen und lernt neue Kreative kennen. Daher freue ich mich umso mehr, mit Sian Fair wieder einen tollen Gast auf meinem Blog begrüßen zu dürfen. Sian schreibt den Blog From high in the Sky, auf dem sie Papier- und anderen Kreativprojekte sowie Einblicke in ihr Leben teilt. Heute entführt sie uns in die Welt der Traveler Notebooks.

Ich stelle euch das Tutorial im Original vor. Mir fällt immer wieder auf, wieviel Charme beim Übersetzen verloren geht. Wer mit dem Englischen Schwierigkeiten hat, findet oben einen Übersetzungsknopf (oder schreibt mir eine Nachricht). Viel Spaß beim Ausprobieren!

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
Hello there! My name is Sian and I’m delighted to be visiting with you today. Thank you so much, Janna, for asking me! I thought I’d share a page from my Traveler’s Notebook; and as I show you how I put it together, I’d like to talk a little about how much fun is this new notebook trend. Never thought about using a Traveler’s Notebook? Maybe I can persuade you!

It took me a while before I bought a notebook. I’ve always been a traditional scrapbooker. But then I began to think of each little page in that notebook as a mini layout and that made it seem easier; and I decided the best way to make a start would be to take my scrapbook comfort zone and transfer it to my notebook.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
For me, that means a sheet of patterned paper, with flowers to hand cut and some embroidery floss in case I want to stitch. For you, maybe it’s a set of stamps, or some word stickers, or paint.

Ah, now paint: thinking about paint brings me to the next thing I do when I start a new notebook. You can see in my photo that I have used my scissors to lift the staples in the centre of my book so that I can remove a couple of pages. There are lots of good reasons for doing this. As a traditional scrapbooker I’ve got used to laying out my page on my background before I stick anything down. But a Traveler’s Notebook doesn’t work like a piece of cardstock! It doesn’t sit flat, so what I like to do is a “dry run” on that extra paper I took out. It’s a spare background, just the right size on which to experiment.

Then, when I’m happy, I just move everything across to my notebook and stick it down. Today I’m using a 2.5 inch (Anmerkung: 6,35 cm) square photo: big enough so that you can see her face and neat enough to leave me room for embellishments.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
Now that spare page is empty again and you can do more to it. Some ink spatters? A line of stamping down one side? Punch a shape and put a piece of patterned paper behind it?  I’m starting to think about how the two sides of my spread are going to play off each other, so I’m going to use my spare page for journaling (and because it isn’t attached to the notebook I can put it through my typewriter) and back it with a coordinating patterned paper to pick up the colours on the right hand side.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
I’ve decided to add stitching to the patterned paper, I draw a quick pencil line, use a paper piercer to make holes for stitching and then erase the pencil before I begin to stitch with two strands of floss.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
I like to stitch because of the texture; but I’m also using it here to draw the eye from one side of the two-page spread to the other, and to connect the two.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
I continue to add connections by cutting more flowers to use on the left page and by adding yellow embellishments on both sides and finally by creating a visual triangle of hearts stretched across the two pages.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
Maybe you noticed that there is a second visual triangle in my three clusters of hand cut flowers, which I hope keeps your eye moving right round the whole spread. See how the tricks you have learned to use in traditional scrapbooking transfer to working in a Traveler’s Notebook? For a final touch, I’m adding that scalloped black strip at the top of my journaling: because it’s bold it pulls the eye in and tells you where to start and that’s a scrapbooking trick again.

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
That’s my spread finished. I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I put it together and that I have encouraged you to try a notebook for yourself. If you have been making layouts, have a go at transferring everything you enjoy about putting pages together to a smaller scale. I can almost guarantee you’ll be hooked!
Sian

Traveler Notebook Tutorial mit Sian Fair
A little about me
Sian Fair has been living and breathing scrapbooking for almost ten years now. She has written for scrapbooking magazines, contributed projects to online scrapbooking classes and is currently designing for kit club Gossamer Blue and the online education site Get It Scrapped. When she isn’t scrapbooking, she’s probably knitting.

---
PS: Wer Lust auf weitere Cluster-Projekte hat oder sich schon immer mal mit dem Thema Scrapbooking Cluster beschäftigen wollte, findet hier meinen aktuellen 'Crazy Clusters' Online Kurs.

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Vielen Dank für Deine Nachricht!
Bitte beachte, dass Werbung und Beiträge, die gegen gängige Umgangsformen verstoßen, von mir gelöscht werden.